ant-user mailing list archives

From magisetty obula prasad <opra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Information on Ant Dependant libraries and compatibility
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 22:21:28 GMT
Hi,

I am using ANT (1.6.5) for building and running my project. I could see that ant uses xerces
parser.  I am also using xerces parser in my code, for which I have got my own xerces jar.
Finally I can have only one xerces.jar in class path.

Also there are lots of ant libraries under lib directory. Do I need to all all of them to
class path

Similarly some of 3rd party libraries are using ant tasks that are coming with their distribution.
So I have decided to keep all this third party libraries separately. For that I need following
information. I did search on net, but couldn't get much info. It will be great, If you can
point/give me to this info.

1. List of 3rd party dependencies that ant has (like xerces...)
2. Compatibility among the different versions of Ant
3. Also there are lots of ant libraries under lib directory. Do I need to all of them to class
path for any specific feature?

Thanks and Regards
Obula Prasad