ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.6.5 Classloading and JUnit Problem 1
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 13:53:22 GMT
On 3/30/07, Christopher Gardner <chris.r.gardner@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...] The junit task doesn't override any forking or
> classloading defaults.
> [...] Now, if I set the junit options to be fork="true" and forkmode="once",
> calling the master build.xml through the command line and eclipse
> works perfectly; calling through cruisecontrol will execute many of
> the tests, but other tests fail.  I believe some of the failing tests
> work with classes that have static members, but it's still odd that
> everything works in 2 of the 3 calling mechanisms.

It could be that the classpath used by CruiseControl itself "pollutes"
your project classpath. We always used the script option of the CC Ant
builder, which allows to script to use its own JDK and classpath,
independent of what CC is using, and then forks a "clean" VM, separate
from the CC one. You could troubleshoot this by looking at the
classpath used in all cases and compare them, running in verbose mode.
--DD