ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to get Project' message output level
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 21:20:29 GMT
On 3/6/07, Vladimir Egorov <vegorov@bea.com> wrote:
> Project defines MSG_ERR, MSG_WARN, etc. codes. Is there a programmatic
> way to get current message output level (log level)? I suppose this
> would come from the flag (-verbose, -debug, etc.) that user passed on
> command line.

There is no "current" log level in Ant. The CLI flags set the log
level for the "Default" logger, but other listeners can (and often do)
use a different level. For example, the XML listener by default logs
all messages, at any levels. Since loggers/listeners don't tell Ant at
what level they are currently operating, Ant does not know what's the
max (or min) log level in effect at any one time. So no, it cannot be
done. Sorry, --DD