ant-user mailing list archives

From "query" <search2...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Issue with javac task
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 04:38:00 GMT

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
I had tried compiling java code with debug option enabled earlier. That was working  fine.
But I want to compile java source with debug option disabled.
What may be the reason for the difference in class file size? Can you please let me know the
reason?

I am a  newbie to both java and ant!!!!!

>On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 Peter Reilly wrote :
> >You need to set the debug attribute to "true" on the javac task.
> >
> >By default the debug attribute is "false", this corresponds (since
> >I think ant 1.4) to -g:none.
> >
> ><javac debug="true" debuglevel="lines"> should give the
> >same debug info as the default commandline javac.
> >
> >Peter
> >

> >On 24 Mar 2007 07:27:13 -0000, first last <search2006@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I am new to ANT.
> >>Currently, iam using ANT 1.7 and java 1.5.0
> >>
> >>Earlier, I was compiling java files using command line javac.exe.
> >>Now, I am compiling java files using ANT javac task. Though the build is successful,
I observed that the class files generated using ANT javac task is smaller in size compared
to the ones compiled with command line java compiler. But the number of class files and classfile
names generated are same with both tools.

> >>Classpath is set properly.
> >>
> >>The syntax with javac task -
> >><javac srcdir="${component.source}" destdir="${component.classfiles}" source="1.4"
target="1.4.2" includes=**/*.java>