ant-user mailing list archives

From "first last" <search2...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Issue with javac task
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2007 07:27:13 GMT

Hi,

I am new to ANT.
Currently, iam using ANT 1.7 and java 1.5.0

Earlier, I was compiling java files using command line javac.exe.
Now, I am compiling java files using ANT javac task. Though the build is successful, I observed
that the class files generated using ANT javac task is smaller in size compared to the ones
compiled with command line java compiler. But the number of class files and classfile names
generated are same with both tools.

Classpath is set properly.

The syntax with javac task -
<javac srcdir="${component.source}" destdir="${component.classfiles}" source="1.4" target="1.4.2"
includes=**/*.java>

Syntax with command line java compiler -
javac -source 1.4 -target 1.4.2 -d $(classfiles) $(java_source)\*.java

Can anyone please help me out????