ant-user mailing list archives

From "bill/wilandra" <b...@wilandra.com>
Subject RE: Information on Ant Dependant libraries and compatibility
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 01:29:10 GMT
Start with (1) for general Ant library dependencies. For other Ant tasks
(e.g., antcontrib) you will need to check their documentation. For Ant used
in an IDE check the IDE documentation.

If you use the Ant helper scripts that come with the Ant distribution
(ant.bat or ant) you should not need to set a classpath, the helper scripts
do it for you.

HTH Bill

(1) http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#librarydependencies

-----Original Message-----
From: magisetty obula prasad [mailto:oprasad@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 2:21 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Information on Ant Dependant libraries and compatibility

Hi,

I am using ANT (1.6.5) for building and running my project. I could see that
ant uses xerces parser.  I am also using xerces parser in my code, for which
I have got my own xerces jar. Finally I can have only one xerces.jar in
class path.

Also there are lots of ant libraries under lib directory. Do I need to all
all of them to class path

Similarly some of 3rd party libraries are using ant tasks that are coming
with their distribution. So I have decided to keep all this third party
libraries separately. For that I need following information. I did search on
net, but couldn't get much info. It will be great, If you can point/give me
to this info.

1. List of 3rd party dependencies that ant has (like xerces...) 2.
Compatibility among the different versions of Ant 3. Also there are lots of
ant libraries under lib directory. Do I need to all of them to class path
for any specific feature?

Thanks and Regards
Obula Prasad