ant-user mailing list archives

From "euge" <m4e...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting status from javac
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 03:15:49 GMT
How would someone solve the following problem?

I have an ant build script which builds a number of projects. If one of the
projects does not compile then the build fails (since javac fails). I can
put failonerror="false", but then I dont know which project has failed (it's
a nightly build and I dont want to parse logs later). How to get the status
from javac in ant script, that it's finished compiling project successfully
or unsuccessfully? I know that I cannot put javac in condition and set
property that would be nice. I dont know why developers did not provide that
option, since I think it's not that dificult to do. I have wrote the java
class which allows to do that, but may be I did not see other easier
solution.

Anyone any ideas?

Thank you