ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding optional tasks classpath from build.xml?
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:38:29 GMT
For the antlr optional task, one can use the <classpath> element to specify
the location of the antlr jar file, so the following will work for Ant 1.6.5 and
ant 1.7.0:

<project default="antlr">
  <target name="antlr">
    <antlr target="etc/java.g"
           outputdirectory="build/src">
      <classpath>
        <fileset dir="${user.home}/antlibs/antlr"
                 includes="*.jar"/>
      </classpath>
    </antlr>
  </target>
</project>

One may also put the antlr.jar file in ~/.ant/lib or in $ANT_HOME/lib.

Peter

On 2/25/07, Omry Yadan <omry@yadan.net> wrote:
> Hi Antoine,
>
> The task I am trying to use is a 'built-in' optional task, specifically
> - antlr.
>
> to my knowledge, I can't define it using a taskdef directive.
>

> Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
>
> > Hello Omry,
> >
> > it is good practice to work the way you envision to do.
> >
> > The manual page for junit
> > http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/junit.html gives some
> > informations concerning this question.
> >
> > Supposing junit is one of the optional tasks for which you want to use
> > a version stored in the directory tree of the build file, you can
> > choose the option <5> from the manual page (assuming you are using ant
> > 1.7.0)
> >
> > So you would add in your build file this line
> >
> > <taskdef name="junit"
> > classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask"
> > classpath="lib/junit/junit-x.y.z.jar"/>
This will not work due to classloader issues.

For ant1.7.0 one can use the <classpath> nested element of <junit>
to specify the location of the junit.jar file.

Peter