ant-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Close" <>
Subject Issues with ANT 1.7 and Linux???
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:04:18 GMT
hi all,

i did a bit of Googling and searched the archive but couldn't find
quite the same situation mentioned that i'm in, so i figured i'd ask
here. :)

we do our development on WinXP SP2 using jdk 1.4.2_06.  i've written
new build scripts for our project using ANT 1.7.  everything works
fine in our development environment; however, when i attempted to set
up ANT & CruiseControl on a linux build machine the build is no longer
i'm getting FileNotFound exceptions even though the files exist and
are world readable.

the error i'm getting is during the build is:

[scm@nap2lsscm1 providerinterfaces]$ ant -verbose -debug > ant_output.txt

The following error occurred while executing this line:
s.script.root}/component_build.xml (No such file or directory)

looking at the path above you can see that ${cns.script.root} is not
being translated.  this property is defined in the
file.  the file doesn't look like it's being loaded
according to the debug output:

 [property] Loading /home/scm/CC_BUILD/projects/RSA/
 [property] Unable to find property file:

for some reason that property file isn't being found, even though that
is the correct path to the file and the file is world readable.

i've attached an ant_diagnostics.txt file that contains the output of
ant -diagnostics.
i've also attached ant_output.txt which contains the -verbose -debug
output from the build i ran above.
hopefully somebody else has already come across this problem and can
clue me in. :)

thanks for any help.

linux box info:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 3)

Linux version 2.6.9-34.ELsmp (
(gcc version 3.4.5 20051201 (Red Hat 3.4.5-2)) #1 SMP Fri Feb 24
16:54:53 EST 2006

View raw message