ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Corley \(AT/LMI\)" <david.cor...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: Good editor for Ant scripts?
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 08:47:35 GMT
Oxygen XML editor offers some feedback, but for any non-original ant
tasks (like the PMD, Cobertura ant tasks), it won't be as helpful.
You can get a trial from http://www.oxygenxml.com

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is
prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error,
please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete
the message without disclosing it. Thank you.
E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption,
interception, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only
send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any
such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any
consequences thereof.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Schwaebli [mailto:hans_schwaebli@yahoo.com]
Sent: 07 February 2007 09:34
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Good editor for Ant scripts?

I am searching for an editor which shows me for example that a property
is not set if called from another method.

  To me, Ant scripts are similiar to a programming language. The Eclipse
Java editor shows a lot of feedback (errors and warnings) for Java
programs while writing. I wish something like this for Ant scripts.

  Is there a really good editor for Ant scripts? The Ant script editor
of Eclipse 3.1 does not provide enough feedback and help for me.