ant-user mailing list archives

From Hans Schwaebli <hans_schwae...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Python implementation for Ant
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:03:55 GMT
It is too verbose for me. I compare it using a fork to comb hair. I am not opposed against
a fork and not against hair and combing but I am opposed to use a fork for this instead of
a comb. Writing build scripts in a XML format is for me a little bit like combing hair with
a fork. Of course you can do everything with XML, like you could write express regular expressions
in a very verbose way instead of the very short notation which is used for it. Same with SQL.
I am happy that noone wants to write SQL in a XML format. Would be too verbose.

"Scot P. Floess" <floess@mindspring.com> wrote: I'd have to agree with Rob...  Have
you ever looked at Voice XML?  It took is scripting but using XML as the "markup" language....

What is your aversion to XML with regards to it as a scripting language?  I personally like
it...