ant-user mailing list archives

From Rashmi Rubdi <dev_subscripti...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to compile jsp files with ANT
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:09:36 GMT
> With an httpunit run straight after deployment, you can hit every single
> JSP page in turn -on the production machine-. This gets the preload hit
> out the way, and helps test the live system is working.

Ah ok, now I get it. Sorry my brain is a little slow.

I guess this process would also generate the JSP class files and then, when I package the
WAR I would just
package the class files and thus skip the Jasper step.

But, I don't think running HttpUnit instead of Jasper would solve the compatibility issue
(sorry if I'm wrong here, it's just a guess) , however since HttpUnit also serves to test
the overall application in addition to generating a list of compiled classes so I guess it's
better than using Jasper alone.

I have the "Java Development with Ant - Manning" book but I got it a long time ago, it covers
the basics - I'm in the middle of chapter 4 of the book, and it's been written very well.
I was able to understand the basics of Ant and write a build script all by myself, I'll take
a look at "Ant in Action" soon.

Thanks for explaining the details.

-Regards
Rashmi