ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Python implementation for Ant
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 18:57:49 GMT
Peter:

That's a good point regarding Makefiles (I was simply thinking of scripting)...  There was
a time  "loved" writing Makefiles...uhm...not anymore ;)

Regardless...I still think XML as a markup is more than tolerable...I don't see the issues
with it at all.  I mean, I like Java but I don't think I'd want to write scripts using it...
 Just my personal preference...but still...  I suppose one could have made the same argument
against Makefiles and SH (or BASH)...

Scot