ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question about debug output
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 18:48:51 GMT
I find it a little "funny" that the script is set up
to use the JDT (aka Eclipse) compiler, and it dies
when running in NetBeans.  Perhaps the compiler
implementation class really isn't present?  Note that
you can download the Eclipse compiler as a standalone
jar; Google for "ecj jar" or something like that.

HTH,
Matt

--- Jon Rue <jonrue@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> I'm having issues building with ant 1.6.5 integrated
> into the netbeans
> 5.5 ide. This is a project built outside the ide and
> has a very good
> build script that works just find from the command
> line. When i run the
> same script in the ide however it errors out with a
> lovely
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. I've output debug
> info for both runs and
> it looks pretty similar to me. There does appear to
> be class loader
> differences (at least things are loading in a
> different order).
>
> The question I have is that what does it mean when I
> see a line like:
>     Finding class
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler
>
> that doesn't have an accompanying loaded from
> statement?
>     Loaded from C:\Program

Files\netbeans-5.5\enterprise3\apache-tomcat-5.5.17\common\lib\jasper-compiler.jar

> In the successful build I am seeing these two lines
> together with no
> corresponding loaded from:
>     Finding class

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.env.INameEnvironment