ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Carson" <dccar...@gmail.com>
Subject output dir is being determined by following symlink
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:14:59 GMT
We have a build environment where we build a 'shadow' of our source
tree consisting of symbolic links to the real source tree.  The actual
build takes place in this shadow.

When I run ant in this shadow, it reads the main .mxml file using the
symlink.  However, it figures out that the .mxml is a symlink, follows
that link to the real file, and the resulting output files (such as
.cache files) are written there (or so my theory goes).  I have
replaced the symlink with a real copy of the file and the output ends
up in the shadow, so my theory seems to be correct.

I want all output files in the shadow, so I don't want ant to follow
the symlink to determine where to write output. Is this possible?

Thanks,
David