ant-user mailing list archives

From James Abley <james.ab...@volantis.com>
Subject Re: How to compile jsp files with ANT
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:12:40 GMT
Why do you want to do this; e.g. is it part of a check to make sure that
all JSP pages will compile? Typically, you'd get better results by using
httpunit or a spider of sort sort to access every page and check that it
doesn't come back with a 500 response. That way, you are using the
deployment target container mechanism to compile the JSPs.

James

Rashmi Rubdi wrote:
> Hi Lokesh,
>
> I'm assuming you want to pre-compile JSPs. You can use Jasper for that.
>
> Take a look at the Jasper ANT task here:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper-howto.html
>
> The pre-compilation process first converts all JSP files to .java files and then compiles
them into class files, it will also modify web.xml