ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Eclipse, and and <import>
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:17:54 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:
>> > The simple fix is to use ${basedir} explicitly in the <import>, no?
>> breaks chaining though, doesnt it?
> Well, sure, but only because the basedir needs to be explicit since
> the build file was moved.
> And don't get me started on the fact the imported-builds resolve their
> own imports (or all file locations) relative to the importer! ;-) I
> think this is a terrible flaw of import, as I screamed since the
> beginning ;-))) --DD

they resolve other imports relative to their own location, but all other
files are relative to whatever imported them. Its because <import> is
different that things break.

For normal imports you can extract the base dir of the imported file by
relying on it is ant.project.myname property being set and working it out...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message