ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse, and and <import>
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:17:54 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:
>> > The simple fix is to use ${basedir} explicitly in the <import>, no?
>>
>> breaks chaining though, doesnt it?
>
> Well, sure, but only because the basedir needs to be explicit since
> the build file was moved.
>
> And don't get me started on the fact the imported-builds resolve their
> own imports (or all file locations) relative to the importer! ;-) I
> think this is a terrible flaw of import, as I screamed since the
> beginning ;-))) --DD

they resolve other imports relative to their own location, but all other
files are relative to whatever imported them. Its because <import> is
different that things break.

For normal imports you can extract the base dir of the imported file by
relying on it is ant.project.myname property being set and working it out...