ant-user mailing list archives

From "Priest, James \(NIH/NIEHS\) [C]" <Prie...@niehs.nih.gov>
Subject Help with running different target based on user input?
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:13:29 GMT
I'm just getting started using Ant (from within Eclipse) to help deploy
my ColdFusion projects and Oracle sql scripts.

I've had great success so far but I have finally ran into a problem I
can't figure out.

I'm trying to run some Oracle scripts - but would like to prompt the
user while running them:

So I have:

<target name="script1">
	do something
</target>
<target name="script2">
	do something
</target>

<input  message="Populate people tables with test data? (run script3)"
validargs="y,n"  defaultvalue="n"/>

<target name="script3">
	do something
</target>

<input  message="Populate checklist tables with test data? (run
script4)" validargs="y,n"  defaultvalue="n"/>

<target name="script4">
	do something
</target>

I've dug through the ant tasks docs and the mailing list archives but
regardless of what I've tried - I can get it to work correctly.

Does anyone have a good example of how something like this is done?

Thanks much!
Jim