ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: Using SQL query result as a property, how?
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:43:31 GMT
Hi Hans,

Can you rewrite your query so that it will produce output like

PropertyName=388291

0 rows affected

(e.g. you might write SELECT 'PropertyName=' || (your original column)
FROM ...)

Then you can write that output to a file and use <property file=..../>
to read it into a property (the "0 rows affected" line is ignored).

Yes it's a bit of a hack but I have found myself that it works ...

Hope this helps
Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Schwaebli [mailto:hans_schwaebli@yahoo.com]
Sent: 08 February 2007 15:25
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Using SQL query result as a property, how?

I have a SQL query which returns one result like 388291. I want to use
that result as a property.

  How can this be done in Ant?

  In a script language like Python (haha) this is no problem. But how to
solve it with Ant?

  If I use the SQL-Task I only can write the result to disk. It looks
like this:

   78721

   0 rows affected

  If I could return the result in a result property, it would be okay,
if "0 rows affected" would not be part of it.

  Any solution?