ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse, and and <import>
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:02:56 GMT
> they resolve other imports relative to their own location, but all other
> files are relative to whatever imported them. Its because <import> is
> different that things break.

Doesn't that contradicts what you say below? Import does not resolve
relative to its "own location" (i.e. the location of the build file
doing the import), but relative to the basedir forced on it from the
top-level "importer". I actually advocated the first behavior, but the
second one is what's implemented.

And AFAIK, the basedir "forced" on the imported build file is used to
resolve all file/location rel. paths, not just the imports, no?

> For normal imports you can extract the base dir of the imported file by
> relying on it is ant.project.myname property being set and working it out...

Yes, I know, and I don't like it ;-) --DD