ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse, and and <import>
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:17:14 GMT
> Netbeans 6.0m6 is pretty nice, ant1.7.0 is in there already, etc,etc.
> But eclipse, well, it seems to have problems with build files that use
> <import>
>
> It seems to me that once you create an eclipse project from an existing
> build file, it copies over your build.xml to its workspace, and when it
> runs, <import> doesnt pick up any imported files, as the build file has
> been moved -even though in the run the basedir property is set to the
> original base dir.
>
> Who else has encountered this? Is it a serious problem?

Is it not more of an Eclipse issue?

The simple fix is to use ${basedir} explicitly in the <import>, no?
Adding ways to resolve or not (and in what order) relative filenames
against the basedir seems a bit much to me, and kinda opens a new can
of worms I'd prefer us not to get into. i.e. I'd prefere to keep it
simple, with the ${basedir} fix above. --DD