ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anton Vodonosov" <Anton.Vodono...@beldts.de>
Subject RE: [Junit] How to handle TestSuites correctly
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:46:58 GMT

>> From what I understand from documentation, it is impossible
>> to create Resource Collection based on classpath. Am I right?
>>

>that's right, because there is nothing in the Java API to enum all
>classes in a package.

Yes, but it is possible to analyze classpath programmatically:
for jars enum archive content, for directories - directory content

>1. unzip the specific jars you want to test against, then create a
><batchtest> batch from that

The point is that in different situations it may be different
classpath: either directory(-ies) with class files if junit
task is runned against compiled sources, or .jars if we run
tests against distributed version.

>2. look at testng, which runs junit 3 tests and is driven by its
>own xml file

In my case I already have many junit 4 tests. But they weren't
runned automatically before. Now I want setup continuous
integration.

In either case I'll manage to do it and have reports in the
most preferred form for me. I just want to implement it most
elegant, simple and flexible way. It's to be regretted that
information is lost when TestSutes are used...

Regards,
-Anton