ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <>
Subject RE: SFTP task
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:38:30 GMT

Please read this...

This is a qoute from the link above...

"The name SFTP is really unfortunate, because it confuses people on a
number of levels. Most take it to stand for "Secure FTP." First, just as
with scp1, as a protocol it isn't secure at all; the implementation
derives its security by speaking the protocol over an SSH connection.
And second, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the FTP protocol. It is
a common mistake to think you can somehow use SFTP to talk securely to
an FTP server -- a reasonable enough supposition, given the name."

The answere to your question is: There is no easy way. You will probably
have to do some rewriting.

-Rob Anderson

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: