ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject RE: Python implementation for Ant
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 18:46:39 GMT
Matt:

Interesting read...

I certainly do see the points being made...but for me, XML is just another syntax - no different
than understanding a Java class syntax, C++, BASH, SQL, etc, etc, etc...

Because the markup is fairly fixed I actually find it easier to remember the notation (thats
just me though)...

Honestly, in the past, I only considered XML as a data markup...  However, I worked on an
11 month project at Lucent for a VoiceXML Gateway and was introduced to both Ant and VoiceXML.
 I was...completely blown away as it never occured to me to use XML for scripting...and was
sold at that time (and still am).  I guess I am just biased now - must be getting old and
set in my ways ;)

Scot