ant-user mailing list archives

From Hans Schwaebli <hans_schwae...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Python implementation for Ant
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 20:56:02 GMT
Maybe you would start thinking about it if you would see a comparsion how build scripts looks
like with XML and how they would look like in Jython... And don't forget the effect of habit
on opinion. For example the QWERTY layout was invented to slow down typing because the typewriters
damaged if two keys have been pressed too fast after each other. Nowadays we still use that
ineffective keyboard layout although the original reason no longer applies. You see?

"Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Anderson@nike.com> wrote: > -----Original Message-----

I have no issues with XML. It seems to work well for me. It is easy to
read, understand, and maintain build files in XML format. I have no
desire to change the way I am currently writing build files.

-Rob Anderson