ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems building Ant 1.7.0 and JDK 1.6.0
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:05:16 GMT
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Bruce Bushby <bruce.bushby@rmsaudio.com> wrote:

> The build fails saying "We cannot build the test jar unless JUnit is
> present" I've gone through the docs, specifically the "Installing
> Ant/Building Ant" but can't find an explanation for where I'm going
> wrong?

Even if you don't intend to run the <junit> task, you now need JUnit
when bootstrapping Ant.  The distribution now contains
ant-testutil.jar and the hard dependency on JUnit is a side effect of
it.

Obviously we failed to adapt the installation instructions, sorry.

I'm not sure whether it is going to stay that way or whether we make
JUnit optional again in the future, but for Ant 1.7.0, JUnit is
required.

Stefan