ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java task question
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:54:29 GMT
On 1/26/07, Leo <leostar_77@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>          I have recently started to use Ant on Eclipse IDE. I am trying to run a file
called HelloWorld located in the jse.core package. The build.xml is located at:

> C:\dev\eclipse\workspace32\jse-core\build.xml
>
> HelloWorld.java and HelloWorld.class is located at:
>
> C:\dev\eclipse\workspace32\jse-core\jse\core
>
> This is how my build.xml looks like:
>
> <project name="project1" default="run" basedir=".">
>     <target name="init">
>         <echo> The Java Version is ${ant.java.version} </echo>
>     </target>
>     <target name="compile">
>         <javac srcdir="." destdir="." includes="HelloWorld.java" />
>     </target>
>     <target name="run" depends="compile">
>         <java  classname="jse.core.HelloWorld"/>
>     </target>
> </project>
>
> The compilation part works fine, but when the run target is executed, I get the error
message as:
> Could not find jse.core.HelloWorld. Make sure you have it in your classpath
>
> I see that java task has a classpath attribute, but I am not sure how to use it. Please
advice.

> Thanks.
In your case you compile to the basedir, so the <java>
looks like this:
<java classname="jse.core.HelloWorld" classpath="."/>

Normally, one has a source directory contains
the source files and compiles to a build directory - build, or build/classes

   <target name="compile">
       <mkdir dir="build/classes"/>
       <javac srcdir="src" destdir="build/classes"
                  debug="yes"/>  <!-- need to set debug, otherwise ant
will use -g:none -->
   </target>
   <target name="run" depends="compile">
       <java  classname="jse.core.HelloWorld" classpath="build/classes"/>
   </target>
   <target name="clean">
    <delete dir="build"/>
   </target>