ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems installing openMDX error:
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:14:37 GMT
I think that it is the jpackage packaging of ant that
is used here. (It was the case for RedHat/Fedora),
jpackage has a number of packages for ant corresponding
to the .jar files in $ANT_HOME/lib, however it does
not follow the same directory layout as ant, and
thus jpackage version of ant does not use the same classloader
tree (the optional jars + ant.jar + xerces stuff)
are placed in the CLASSPATH with ant-launcher.jar by the ant(.sh)
shell script.

The debian installation may have only installed part of ant
- see http://www.jpackage.org/browser/rpm.php?jppversion=1.6&id=912
(This is for 1.6.2 - I do not know the page for 1.6.5)
for a complete list. To use the regexp tasks/types one
probably has to install ant-nodepsjpp and/or ant-apache-regexjpp.
That sort of question should be directed at debian or jpackage.

IMO it would be easier just to use the ant distribution
for ant, esp ant 1.7.0.

Peter