ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: how to access/iterate id in <script>
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 09:53:45 GMT
On 1/4/07, paul.arzul@sadalbari.com <paul.arzul@sadalbari.com> wrote:
> Quoting Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de:
>
> > project.getProperty("source.dirs");
>
> source.dirs is an id, not a property. i assume the distinction is important,
> since getProperty returns null (which is correct but unhelpful).
You need to use project.getReference("source.dirs"),
however you need to do more things as "source.dirs" is a DirSet which extends
AbstractFileSet. - see the <script> manual page for an example.
The following may work (not tested).
     var fs = project.getReference("source.dirs");
      // Get the  (array) of that fileset
      ds = fs.getDirectoryScanner(project);
      srcDirs = ds.getIncludedDirectories();

Personally I would just use ant-contrib's <for> task to do
the iteration - it understands filesets/dirsets and paths.

<project default="test" xmlns:ac="antlib:net.sf.antcontrib">
  <typedef uri="antlib:net.sf.antcontrib">
    <classpath>
      <fileset dir="${user.home}/apps/ant-contrib"
               includes="*.jar"/>
    </classpath>
  </typedef>
  <target name="test">