ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build fails with Ant 1.7.0
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2007 10:36:39 GMT
On 1/1/07, Petar Tahchiev <paranoiabla@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> First of all Happy New Year to all of you.
>
> I downloaded Cactus 1.7.2 and tried to build it with Ant 1.7.0 - it failed.
> The output is this one:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.CactusTask.addClasspathEntry
> (Ljava/lang/String;)V
>
> The project, though build perfectly with Ant 1.6.5.
>
> So we think the reason is that in ant-junit.jar the signature of the method
> 'addClasspathEntry' of the class JUnitTask has been modified between ANT
> 1.6.5 and ANT 1.7.0:
>
> ANT 1.6.5:
>
>   protected void addClasspathEntry(String resource)
>
> ANT 1.7.0:
>
>   protected boolean addClasspathEntry(String resource)
>
> Just curious if anyone has ever seen this strange behaviour, and does anyone
> knows a workaround of this issue.

You are correct, the signature of the (protected) method has changed.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/JUnitTask.java?view=log
Revision 381467 - (view) (download) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
Modified Mon Feb 27 22:24:26 2006 UTC (10 months ago) by jglick
File length: 58338 byte(s)
Diff to previous 370591 (colored)

#38799: <junit> task should work so long as junit.jar
present in <classpath> even if not among Ant libs.

I think that the best way to fix this is to restore the old signature
- in Ant 1.7.1.

We should get a fix in the next couple of days, and you should then
try the nightly build.

Peter