ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <jwo...@absolute-performance.com>
Subject Re: hello
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 00:38:03 GMT

On Jan 10, 2007, at 5:24 PM, akinola oni wrote:

> Hello,
> My Ant tool has been compiled up properly but when l type in ant on
> the
> command line , it gives an error  saying build.jar not found and
> doesn't
> exist? what should l do.

you  mean "build.xml" ... it's saying that you have not written and
provided
the current directory with a build script for Ant to execute. Because
that
is Ant's purpose, you know: to execute build scripts, conventionally
called
"build.xml".

If you just want to see if Ant runs at all, type
	ant -version
and it will tell you its version and when you built it.

--
Jack J. Woehr
Director of Development