ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mikael Sitruk" <Mika...@Amdocs.com>
Subject General Question on nested element of tasks
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:08:12 GMT

Hi

Is it possible to have a global declaration of nested element of a task and reference them
later in the container task?

For example:

I have a task mytask with nested element nestedA and nestedB that is

<mytask>

   <somenestedelement/>

   <nestedA>

   <nestedB>

</mytask>

I would like to define  <nestedA id=”a1”/> and <nestedB is=”b1”/> and
then reference them later.

That is:

<mystask>

    <somenestedelement/>

    <nestedA refid=”a1”/>

    <nestedB refid=”b1”/>

</mystask>

Is it possible to do this?

The idea behind this is that some nested element are defined in separate ant files, and only
when I want to create an integration between the separate build file I want to include there
nested element in the task.

Note: I do not want to use separate tasks (and do antcall) because the container task (here
mystask) requires to connect to a server, and I want to connect only once to the server.

10x

Mikael Sitruk

Amdocs Java Foundation

+972.9.776.1075 (desk)