ant-user mailing list archives

From "Res Pons" <pon...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Another Oddity with Anthill OS
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:02:15 GMT
Asking this question again.  Is there anyway to force-load a diffrent
property file in Anthill project property sheet even the build.xml loads one
by default?

In the build.xml file I already tell it to load .build.properties and on a
DOS cmnd line I can supercede it by doing ant -propertyfile
c:\.build.properties.xyz and it works perfectly but I'm not sure how to do
this in Anthill.

The 2 prop files have a lot of common values except 2 values having
different paths destined for different platforms

Thanks

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Res Pons" <pons32@hotmail.com>
To: anthill@lists.urbancode.com
CC: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Another Oddity with Anthill OS
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 15:25:18 -0800

I'm testing a dummy project which checks out a basic simple project out of
Subversion and echoes bunch of paths.  The purpose of this project is to see
if I can force loading different property fiels at the command line via
Anthill. Basically, I would like to use the same project 3x but each time
tell Anthill to load a different prop.file from a different location.  This
works nicely and fine at the command line by executing

cd scripts
ant -propertyfile path/path/.build.properties

and I don't specify -property file, the .build.properties in c:\ is
automatically used.  But this doesn't work in anthill unless I force two
lines in the "Parameters to be passed to Ant during the build process."
field in the project property sheet:

anthill.build.ant.params -propertyfile c:\scripts\common\.build.properties
delete
anthill.build.ant.params ant -propertyfile common\.build.properties delete

If I omit the 2nd line starting with ant, anthill crashes and worn't work.

My project in svn has 3 fiels in it:

/scripts which has the subfolder common, and build.xml and version.txt

-common (subfolder) which has .build.properties