ant-user mailing list archives

From "Res Pons" <pon...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Another Oddity with Anthill OS
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:37:46 GMT
Great thanks, I will give it a try.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org>
To: Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Another Oddity with Anthill OS
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:07:12 +0000

Res Pons wrote:
>Asking this question again.  Is there anyway to force-load a diffrent
>property file in Anthill project property sheet even the build.xml loads
>one by default?
>
>In the build.xml file I already tell it to load .build.properties and on a
>DOS cmnd line I can supercede it by doing ant -propertyfile
>c:\.build.properties.xyz and it works perfectly but I'm not sure how to do
>this in Anthill.
>
>The 2 prop files have a lot of common values except 2 values having
>different paths destined for different platforms

You could pass down the name of a property file to the build, and have that
loaded on demand. If you use <loadfile> the build will fail if the file is
missing: (from diary/core/chapter7.xml btw)

<target name="ftp-init" depends="init">
   <fail unless="server">Set the "server" property!</fail>
   <property name="ftp.propfile" location="secure/${server}.properties" />
   <loadproperties srcFile="${ftp.propfile}" />
</target>

set a project up with a default server, and override on the command line
with a different one. Most IDEs and CI tools yet you define new properties.