ant-user mailing list archives

From <Thomas.Poer...@materna.de>
Subject How to let the copy-task fail if a fileset is not completely available
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:01:28 GMT
Hi!

I am creating install packages with ANT's copy-task. It works fine and fails if one file is
missing.

     <target name="make-pkg">
         <copy file="/src/alpha" todir="/tmp"/>
         <copy file="/src/beta"  todir="/tmp"/>
         <copy file="/src/gamma" todir="/tmp"/>
     </target>

Now I want to define the target directory only once with the following construction.

     <target name="make-pkg">
         <copy todir="/tmp">
             <fileset file="/src/alpha"/>
             <fileset file="/src/beta"/>
             <fileset file="/src/gamma"/>
         </copy>
     </target>

Unfortunately, it does not fail if one or more files are missing. I.e., I will not notice
if my installation package lacks some files.

Does anyone have an idea how to use the filesets and let the copy-task fail if one file is
missing?

Kind regards,
Thomas