ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <>
Subject Re: Multiple files to <java> task
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2007 01:07:27 GMT

if your list of file is not too long, that is if you are not going to
overflow the maximum for command lines (4096 chars under Windows I
think), and if none of your files contain spaces in their names or
directories, you can use pathconvert to generate a property from a
fileset. Then you can pass this property with <arg line="$

On Jan 19, 2007, at 4:54 PM, Peter Kennard wrote:

> I want to pass in a "list" of files as the last arguments to a java
> utility.  Can this be done with the <java> task?  Any hints on how
> I might go about it?  Traversing the apache docs, I couldn't find
> how to do what I would think is one of the first things people
> would need.
> From the command line executing the utility would be:
> java [...] XMLToCode.class *.xml
> In ant something liek the below:
> <target name="GeneratedCode"
>    depends="CodeGenerator"
>    description="Generate Java code" >
>    <java classname="CodeGenerator.XMLToCode"
>        fork="true"
>     >
>         <classpath refid="compile.classpath"/>
>         <arg value="-java"/>
>         <arg value="javadir=${src.home}/Interfaces"/>
>         <!-- I want a "fileset" or some other file list
>              to effectively make one <arg> for each item in the
> list -->
>     </java>
> </target>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: