ant-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Passing data between 2 created tasks
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:54:00 GMT
On 1/24/07, Farhdine Boutzakhti <farhdine.boutzakhti@calyon.com> wrote:

>  Hi list,
>

> I am creating 2 different tasks with ANT:
>
> A - One extracting some data in a stack from a cache,
>
> B - One inserting these data in a database.
>

> I want to know if there is a way to pass an object (i.e. a stack) from A
> to B?

I use Project.setReference for this purpose and it works pretty well.
However, this is not something usual in regular ant tasks, so I'd recommend
to let the user specify the name of the reference used to store the data if
she wants (using an attribute with a default value), so that the user can
safely call your tasks multiple times.

Xavier

Thanks !