ant-user mailing list archives

From "martin sweitzer" <msewli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: target timeout
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 03:24:14 GMT
On 1/5/07, Rebhan, Gilbert <Gilbert.Rebhan@huk-coburg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can you give a short snippet to illustrate your problem ?
>
> i use limit like that and it works fine =
>
> <limit maxwait ...>
>
> put all my stuff that should be killed
> if not in time, f.e.
>
> <target name=foo">
> </target>
>
> <target name="bar">
> </target>
>
> </limit >
>
> if there are any sideeffects with your targets and antcall
> it's not a problem with the limit task itself.

my usages looks like the following:

  <target name="buildIt >
    <limit hours="1" failonerror="true">
       <antcall target="a" />
       <antcall target="b" />
       <antcall target="c" />
       <antcall target="d" />
       <antcall target="e" />
       <antcall target="f" />
    </limit>
  </target>

<target name="e" depends="d"></target>

In the above, d seems to get called twice.

If I do:
         <limit hours="1" failonerror="true">
            <target name="buildIt2" >
            </target>
         </limit>

That gives me an error:

Could not create task or typeof type: target.

Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon.

if I do:

      <target name="buildIt" >
         <limit hours="1" failonerror="true">
            <target name="buildIt2" >
                 <echo message = "hi! buildIt2 here" />
            </target>
         </limit>
      </target>

Then that parses correctly, but if you try to call target:  buildIt
you will get: