ant-user mailing list archives

From Leo <leostar...@yahoo.com>
Subject java task question
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:22:26 GMT
Hi,
         I have recently started to use Ant on Eclipse IDE. I am trying to run a file called
HelloWorld located in the jse.core package. The build.xml is located at:

C:\dev\eclipse\workspace32\jse-core\build.xml

HelloWorld.java and HelloWorld.class is located at:

C:\dev\eclipse\workspace32\jse-core\jse\core

This is how my build.xml looks like:

<project name="project1" default="run" basedir=".">
    <target name="init">
        <echo> The Java Version is ${ant.java.version} </echo>
    </target>
    <target name="compile">
        <javac srcdir="." destdir="." includes="HelloWorld.java" />
    </target>
    <target name="run" depends="compile">
        <java  classname="jse.core.HelloWorld"/>
    </target>
</project>

The compilation part works fine, but when the run target is executed, I get the error message
as:
Could not find jse.core.HelloWorld. Make sure you have it in your classpath

I see that java task has a classpath attribute, but I am not sure how to use it. Please advice.

Thanks.