ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: General Question on nested element of tasks
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:01:28 GMT
You can get similar type functionality using macrodefs...  macrodef's
allow nested elements...

Mikael Sitruk wrote:
> Hi
>

> Is it possible to have a global declaration of nested element of a task and reference
them later in the container task?

> For example:
>

> I have a task mytask with nested element nestedA and nestedB that is
>

> <mytask>
>
>    <somenestedelement/>
>
>    <nestedA>
>
>    <nestedB>
>
> </mytask>
>

> I would like to define  <nestedA id=”a1”/> and <nestedB is=”b1”/>
and then reference them later.

> That is:
>
> <mystask>
>
>     <somenestedelement/>
>
>     <nestedA refid=”a1”/>
>
>     <nestedB refid=”b1”/>
>
> </mystask>
>

> Is it possible to do this?
>
> The idea behind this is that some nested element are defined in separate ant files, and
only when I want to create an integration between the separate build file I want to include
there nested element in the task.

> Note: I do not want to use separate tasks (and do antcall) because the container task
(here mystask) requires to connect to a server, and I want to connect only once to the server.

> 10x
>
> Mikael Sitruk
>
> Amdocs Java Foundation
>
> +972.9.776.1075 (desk)
>
> AMDOCS > JF & EXTRACT TOOL
>

> This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and
subject to the Amdocs policy statement,

--
Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale