ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trying to convert a path reference to use as a fileset for packaging jars in an ear
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:18:07 GMT
Eric Wood wrote:

> Quoting Eric Wood <EWood@llbean.com>:
>
>> Folks:
>>
>> I use
>> <path id="projectSpecificLibs" >
>> </path>
>> which is composed of various filelists and filesets referencing jars
>> used to build my application. I use this refid (projectSpecificLibs)
>> as part of my classpath.
>>
>> I want to be able to use this same list when packaging my EAR file
>> using the <ear> task, but it does not accept a path structure and when
>
>> I reference the refid as a fileset it tells me that it is not a
> fileset.
>> Is there a way to convert my path id so I can then use it to package
>> the jar files in my EAR?

You could use <copypath> in ant1.7, or the resource stuff. One thing you
need to do w/ EAR files is to flatten the copy if they come from a dir
tree, as you normally want all the JAR files in the root of the EAR.
that is, unless you are doing complex things with JAR manifests,
persist.xml and the like