ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: <xmlproperty> intra-element attribute property resolution issue
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:21:52 GMT
Jacob Kjome wrote:
> At 04:54 AM 1/24/2007, you wrote:
>  >Jacob Kjome wrote:
>  >>
>  >> I see your point.  Even if the functionality was something you would
>  >> support, I'm not sure there's anyone willing to put in the time to
>  >> figure it out.  But you never know.  Like I said before, it could be an
>  >> option.  So, if someone actually did the work, and it passed rigorous
>  >> testing, the functionality could be disabled by default and only
> enabled
>  >> explicitly, just like some of the other options of XMLProperty.
>  >
>  >
>  >I'm not sure that I'd put it in xmlproperty. Its more a general purpose
>  >XML to XML transform; something you'd use to manipulate graphs before
>  >something like xmlproperty or XSL handles it; something that would have
>  >a life outside ant.
>  >
> You mean like transforming attributes to elements, in the desired order
> or resolving the property values and placing these resolved values into
> the attributes of the same names in the transformed document?

yes, and the same for elements.

 >  >> Anyway, it was a good discussion and helped fetter out bugs in
 >  >> BTW, any progress on that?
 >  >
 >  >the bug is filed :)
 >  >
> With action soon, I hope.  Too bad it was already released as 1.0.  This
> deficiency makes it useless, IMO.

no,  all it means is assertions that have a ${something} in their string
*and that property is defined* dont work. The rest of the test runner
framework works, and I was able to use <assertTrue> with nested
conditions to get exactly the behaviour I desired. It works, with now
one known defect.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message