ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <xmlproperty> intra-element attribute property resolution issue
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:54:31 GMT
Jacob Kjome wrote:

> I see your point.  Even if the functionality was something you would
> support, I'm not sure there's anyone willing to put in the time to
> figure it out.  But you never know.  Like I said before, it could be an
> option.  So, if someone actually did the work, and it passed rigorous
> testing, the functionality could be disabled by default and only enabled
> explicitly, just like some of the other options of XMLProperty.

I'm not sure that I'd put it in xmlproperty. Its more a general purpose
XML to XML transform; something you'd use to manipulate graphs before
something like xmlproperty or XSL handles it; something that would have
a life outside ant.

For example the CDL langauge I discussed is for configuring big systems,
and if you look at that microsoft proposed System Modeling langauge,
they have some (limited) xref stuff.

> Anyway, it was a good discussion and helped fetter out bugs in AntUnit.
> BTW, any progress on that?

the bug is filed :)