ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: How to share a database connection betwwen differnet ant (sql) task
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:38:02 GMT
ashish shrivastava wrote:
> I am using ANT for deployment of my product.I need to run different
> SQL's at
> different stages of my deployment, so if i use ANT SQL task it will
> create a
> new DB connection each time.Is there any way i can share the DB connection
> between different tasks.(may be putting the connection in Project class
> thru
> my custom SQL task....)?
> Thanks in Advance
> Ashish

No, its too complex to do connection pooling. Is it really that
expensive to set up the connection?

1. You can do a sequence of operations in one <sql> Tasks.
2 you can use <presetdef> to define a task with all your db bindings.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message