ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Odd Behavior
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:18:32 GMT
Alasdair Young wrote:
> Fixed it. (I spent 2 hours on this, and just after I hit send, I realise
> that there was one more place to check :)
>
> cruise control has a cruisecontrol/lib directory with ant.jar in it. You
> need to ensure that ant.jar, ant-junit.jar and junit.jar are all the
> right versions and are all present in this directory.
>
> - alasdair

aah. thats annoying.

1. stick a <diagnostics> task into the build file so that it runs under
CC. This is the same as running  -diagnostics on the command line, and
shows you what ant things is going wrong, and what the build thinks its
environment is.

2. upgrade (both versions) to ant1.7, which has better diagnostics when
things dont load, and which can load junit off the <junit> code
classpath, so you dont need it in ant home any more.

-steve