ant-user mailing list archives

From "bmilbratz@outstart.com" <bmilbr...@outstart.com>
Subject problem: jspc fails -- no public execute() method
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 19:58:55 GMT
Hi,

This issue lies in the nexus of tomcat and ant: jspc fails with this
message when I try to build tomcat from source:
   /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5-svn/build/build.xml:429:
No public execute() in class org.apache.jasper.JspC

Why? The source code clearly has an 'execute()' method.

Because the ant-build compiles this  JspC class, I may have a bootstrap
issue here. I do not know how to tell which version of 'JspC' actually
uses (i.e. I see a similar class in ant-nodeps.jar)'

I have this error with ant 1.6.2., 1.6.5 and 1.7.0.

One more thing. I see this on the Jspc manual:

*Deprecated* if you use this task with Tomcat's Jasper JSP compiler, you
should seriously consider using the task shipping with Tomcat instead.
This task is only tested against Tomcat 4.x. There are known problems
with Tomcat 5.x that won't get fixed in Ant, please use Tomcat's jspc
task instead.

how do I use tomcat jspc's task?

thanks in advance,

bill m