ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject Re: Delete the contents of a directory but not the directory itself
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 20:46:59 GMT
> Explicitly saying includes="**/*" literally means only any file or
> directory below the basedir of the fileset.  Note that
> we welcome any suggestions regarding where in the
> manual you might have hoped to find this file
> scanning information.

This thread picked my interest, because I didn't know the answer ;-)

I personally assumed no includes was equivalent to "**/*", which
I would have guessed to include the base dir, when it doesn't.

I would have tried "*/**", which I would interpret as: all files directly
in the base dir, and any sub-directories of those. This also parallels
the fact that * in unix shells does not match ., the "base dir".

All that to say that having to use "**/*" instead of "*/**" feels
counter-intuitive to me ;-) --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message