ant-user mailing list archives

From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: Using antcall but not re-running dependent targets
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2007 03:49:56 GMT
Jacob Kjome:
> I added my own twist on it and made dependency
> following configurable (follows dependencies by
> default if not specified) along with optional
> "if" and "unless" attributes.  Actually, all the
> attributes are optional, even "target".  If
> "target" is either not defined or defined but
> doesn't exist in the build file, no action is
> performed instead of failing the build.  I
> intentionally made it very lenient to meet the
> needs of my project.  Note that this also avoids
> creating a whole separate Ant context like <ant>,
> <subant>, and <antcall> do, so properties created
> by the called target will continue to exist after
> it is called.  Here's my version.  I hope you find it useful...

Cool, that seems useful.  Luckily, the project bundles js.jar anyway so
it need not be downloaded by users compiling.  I wonder why there’s no
build-in task to do this?

BTW is there anything other than js.jar that I need to put on the
classpath so that it will work?  Ant gives me the “Could not create task
or type of type: scriptdef” error.  I also put bsf.jar on the classpath
and still get the error.

Thanks,

Cameron

--