ant-user mailing list archives

From "Daffin, Miles \(IT\)" <Miles.Daf...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Delete the contents of a directory but not the directory itself
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:25:46 GMT
Dear All,

I want to delete everything in a base directory but *not* the base dir
itself. (The base dir *must not be deleted* because it is a mount point,
not a dir that can be created/deleted in a normal manner.) If I do this:

<delete verbose="true" >
  <fileset dir="${install.common.dir}" />
</delete>

all files are deleted *but* it leaves empty dirs behind. I want the
empty dirs gone. However, if I tell delete to includeemptydirs then the
base dir is deleted too!

<delete verbose="true" includeemptydirs="true">
  <fileset dir="${install.common.dir}" />
</delete>

Is this a bug? If not then how can I do this task?

Cordially,

Miles
Miles Daffin
Morgan Stanley | EAI | MSDE
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | London E14 4QA | UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 767 75119
Fax: +44 (0) 20 705 64572
miles.daffin@morganstanley.com <mailto:miles.daffin@morganstanley.com>