ant-user mailing list archives

From "Daffin, Miles \(IT\)" <Miles.Daf...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Convert property that is a path to a resource
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 16:16:34 GMT
Hi All,

I have a build with a number of properties that are paths to
directories. I write these into a template script file using a filterset
during a copy. The problem is that the properties have mixed windows and
unix path separators, so when they are written into the scripts they are
invalid. This does not matter when the properties are used in operations
by ant (e.g. mkdir or copy) because ant/java normalises the property for
the platform (i.e. changes all separators to '/' on unix or '\' on
windows). Is there a way of making sure that the same thing happens when
I use these properties to replace tokens in the filterset? Can I convert
them somehow?

Cordially,

Miles
Miles Daffin
Morgan Stanley | EAI | MSDE
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | London E14 4QA | UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 767 75119
Fax: +44 (0) 20 705 64572
miles.daffin@morganstanley.com <mailto:miles.daffin@morganstanley.com>